Pages

Monday, September 12, 2011

I never thought I'd actually say this...

I never thought I'd actually say this, but I'm beginning to find swimming quite meditative.

Today's session was all about starting to integrate the Total Immersion (TI) tips (see previous posts).

Streamline. Swimming with the body. Spearing water with hand entry. Relaxed hand prior to pull. Relaxed recovery.

It was nice not to count laps (too much) or follow a set program- just swimming in the moment. My swim was something as follows:

WU: 300m flip (spearing & relaxing hand focus)
MS: 200m free (streamline & swimming with the body focus); 300m flip (TI)
WD: 200m free (TI)
TOTAL: ~1km

The pool was closing, but I actually think it was a blessing in disguise as my technique stayed solid (Sustainablity not Velocity!) and I felt energised, not exhausted from the swim. 3 swims in one week- impressive!!

No comments:

Post a Comment