Pages

Monday, December 19, 2011

Love a good long ride!

It's been a while since I've been out on a TA Sunday long ride. Races, spectating a half IM, pace running, sleep ins... & looking back, it's actually 6 weeks! No wonder my bum was sore!!

The ride
Elwood-Port Melbourne-Mordi, I stayed with the squad. There's nothing quite like riding up the front of the pack with the boys!
Mordi, I got dropped :( Not to worry though, they were averaging 40km/hr!!
Made it to Frankston, where those that chose not to tackle Oliver's Hill were waiting. A quick re-fuel and re-group with those coming back from the climb and we were off! The main squad were hammering home... but I opted for a nice cruisy ride back with one of the guys from the squad (thanks Paddy!). I look forward to the day when I can keep up with the main group.

The stats
Distance: 95kms
Duration: 3:46 (Moving Time: 3:38)
Avg Moving Speed: 26.1 km/h
Max Speed: 44.9 km/h
Avg Bike Cadence: 76 rpm
Max Bike Cadence: 112 rpm
Avg HR: 141 bpm
Max HR: 175 bpm

Goals
1. An average of 30km/hr.
2. Consistent 90 rpms.
3. Keeping the HR under 180 - which I was very happy to see today!

....... smashed! But such a great way to start the day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment