Pages

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Hell Week Report!





"Hell Week" (adj): the annual, much anticipated Tri Alliance (TA) event that is about completing as much as you can during the week between Christmas and New Year.

Day 1 started well (& very early!!), which you can read about here.  I then arrived in Townsville for Christmas with the family so I set out on my own, for the inaugural FNQ Hell Week. Bike-less and squad-less, mine was certainly different from my Melbourne counterparts, but here is what I learnt:

  • Hell Week without your bike only happens once (talk about learning the hard way!);
  • It is almost impossible to run in Townsville in December between the hours of 6am and 6pm;
  • My new definition of "Hell Week" is: running in Townsville in December between the hours of 6am and 6pm;
    *Possible slight exaggeration
  • Castle Hill is relatively easy to walk up, to run up - not so much. For those of you unfamiliar with Castle Hill, the incline is something like this:
  • I can run 50+km in a week, but I don't want to do it again for some time;
  • Thank god for the foam roller!!

TOTALS:
Swim: 10km
Bike: 110km
Run: 52km
Foam Roller: LOTS!!

A big thank you to TA for your inspiration, as always (& to Roofie for the pic, top right).

It's now time for a slightly lighter training (read running) schedule & a massage! I have the Amy Gillett 120km ride in 4 days and then a 3 day TA Training Camp. Happy days!!


 Hell Week Summary:


Day 1
Day 2
Day 3
Day 4
Day 5
Day 6
Day 7
TOTAL
Swim
1.5
3
2
0
1.5
0
2
10
Ride
50
0
0
0
40*
0
20*
110
Run
5
0
11
7
4.5
12
12.5
52

* estimation of indoor bike distance

No comments:

Post a Comment