Pages

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Race Week - Tuesday!

Warming up with my T&MS mag
I love my flexible work hours but sometimes it makes it hard to get up early the next day, when I'm not getting home and winding down until after 9pm the night before. Yesterday was a long day, and as I'm all about training based on how I feel, I made the call last night that a sleep-in was in order. I woke at 7am feeling a little sluggish, but loving the fact that I didn't have to rush and could contemplate my morning session over a nice strong coffee.

I usually ride on Tuesday mornings and so the hardest thing about the late start became the thought of coming back in peak hour on Beach Road and worrying about losing my life. Solution? Wind trainer! + a short run off the bike for good measure :)

WU: 10min easy spin; 5x1min @100rpm, 1min rec

MS: Pyramid
1min sprint @ 100rpm, 1min rec
2min hill climb, 1min rec
3min race pace, 1min rec
4min (2min hill climb, 2x30s out of the saddle, 30s rec), 1min rec
5min tempo, 1min rec
4min (2min hill climb, 2x30s out of the saddle, 30s rec), 1min rec
3min race pace, 1min rec
2min hill climb, 1min rec
1min sprint @ 100rpm, 1min rec
1min easy spin - runners on & out the door

+ 3x1km intervals, 1min rec

WD: 1km easy jog + stretch

What an awesome session. The legs felt great on the WT and my 1km run intervals were quick! My last interval was so close to 5min/km and even though it was assisted by a small downhill segment, I just love the feeling when I can keep the pace and still control the heart rate (max of 152bpm in the last 1km interval). Everything is coming together nicely and perfectly timed for Sunday... AND I have a massage this afternoon to look forward to - Happy Valentines Day to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment